Thursday 1 December 2011

Getaways

It was my birthday yesterday :) Apart from having to work, I had a lovely day. My husband organised some very nice presents for me, one of which was a night at a hotel in the city. It was so nice not to have to deal with the usual after work things.

So today I thought I would put together a list of getaways - for the weekend or just for the day. For daytrips I love going to small towns - they often have some great food and cute shops. For weekend getaways I love privacy and a self-contained place so I don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want to!

1. Barney Creek Vineyard Cottages

Barney Creek Cottages - Beds and Reds: Image


We stayed here for our first anniversary. The cottage is actually a renovated railway station. The interior was so cosy and romantic with a fireplace, 4 poster bed and a double spa. It was a weekend of total relaxation - we were in the middle of nowhere (even though it is just under 2 hours from Brisbane), so there were no distractions and no traffic, just the sounds of the birds. I would love to go back, though I do want to keep the memory I have of our weekend.

2. Ketchup's Bank Glamping



My husband loves camping - real camping. Me, I would much rather a comfortable bed, hot running water and a clean working toilet. I thought this place would be a great compromise ;)

3. Banglow, NSW



We went for a daytrip to Bangalow a couple of years ago - it is such a pretty town with historic buildings, great cafes with lots of gluten free options, and lovely shops. It is a little pricey, but hey, it's a daytrip. We had lunch at the Utopia Cafe (their website is coming soon). I don't remember what I had, but I do remember Chris being very happy with his choice. Bangalow also has a market on the 4th Sunday of every month. We didn't manage to make it for the market which is a perfect excuse for heading back there someday!

4. Granite Belt, QLD

Wine country that has a chocolate shop with 18 flavours of hot chocolate! Delicious. Who could ask for more? I've never been to this area, but have heard only good things about it. It is on my list for a weekend trip, though I guess it will be next year sometime before we actually go.


No comments:

Post a Comment